Monday, March 15, 2010

red chairs


Embossed in red and issued in triplicate -
an invitation to tranquility.
"come, sit, take your deserved rest.
Bask in the protected warmth of this courtyard. Let the scented morning air embrace you in
a cocoon of contentment."
Why would one resist the enticing call of the red chairs?
Pause and ponder -
Rest and reflect -
Settle and be satisfied...
But, I hear the faint wisper of my name in the breath
that swirls through the archway and I wonder what
awaits along its' path...

3 comments:

  1. Nicely done - I'm glad we've not settled for the red chairs but have headed down the path - who knows where we will end up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent composition, both visually and verbally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done. I look forward to meeting the red chairs once I get there.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete